Wednesday 12 August 2015

Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Official bottling
Blend
Dark amber
40% ABV
Dram

Nose: Honey, raisins, chocolate, pears, mint, hints of leather, hints of sea salt. 
Mouthfeel: Medium body, loosens, slightly watery around the edges. 
Tasting:  Sweet. Honey, chocolate, bananas, pears, vanilla, hints of leather. 
Finish: Short. Honey, mint, pears, apples. 

Comments: 

It's taken me a long time to try this, the jewel in the Johnnie Walker range. I remember gazing at the bottle when I first started drinking whisky (maybe 1 or 2 drams into this series of tasting notes), and wondering when I would finally get around to it. Well, here we are, dram #731 is Johnnie Walker Blue Label. It's sweet, unctuously so, with a kind of Diageo greatest hits. There's Teaninich, Cardhu, Glen Elgin, perhaps some Talisker, if I'm any judge. There's a great huge backbone of pear, which I'd normally identify as Glenfiddich, but of course that's a Wm Grant distillery. I wonder what that is. Still quite good, and it's indeed a jewel of a whisky.

Verdict:

I like this a lot.



No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"