Friday 6 March 2009

SMWS 63.22 (Glentauchers 18 yo 1989/2008)

SMWS 63.22 (Glentauchers 18 yo 1989/2008)

2008, SMWS
Single malt - Speyside
Sunset pink
53.8% ABV
Dram

Nose: Butter, black tea, condensed milk, raisins, hints of milk chocolate, hints of plums. With water, pear, plums.
Mouthfeel: Light body, astringent, hot, volatile, watery.
Tasting: Bitter sweet. Condensed milk, cream, butter, black tea, milk chocolate, Baileys. With water, more fruity, orange peel, plum tart.
Finish: Medium. Walnut skins, cream, raisins.

Comments:


Very milky, much like Baileys, although I swear I didn't add cream! Got more fruity with water, as I'd expect a Glentauchers to be. Very pleasant whisky, probably the best I've had from this distillery so far.

Verdict:

I like this.

No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"