Wednesday 13 August 2008

SMWS 45.24 (Dallas Dhu 32 yo 1975/2008)

SMWS 45.24 (Dallas Dhu 32 yo 1975/2008)

2008, SMWS

Single malt - Speyside
Golden yellow
46.8% ABV
Dram

Nose: Toast, chocolate, maple syrup, apples, lemon curd.
Mouthfeel: Medium body, smooth, thickens slightly.
Tasting: Sour bitter. Grapefruit, toast, lemons, chinese pears, hints of vanilla, hints of cinnamon, hints of sandalwood. With water, becomes more floral, is that rose I taste?
Finish: Long. Spicy, warm, bitter quinine, hints of wasabi.

Comments:


I don't normally dilute anything under 50%, as I can't then detect the more subtle aromas. This one however took water very well, becoming more floral and lighter. Overall, quite complex, less fruity than initially hinted at by the nose. I found more in every sip. Great cask from the SMWS, I think I'm going to enjoy being a member. Unfortunately, this distillery goes on the list of those that shouldn't have been closed. Maybe they could make it a working museum distillery?

Verdict:

I like this a lot.

No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"