Wednesday 5 December 2018

Banff 24yo 1974/1998

Banff 24yo 1974/1998

Connoisseur's Choice, Gordon & Macphail
Single malt - Speyside
Golden
40% ABV
Dram

Nose: Leather, lemon juice, lavender, jasmine, peaches, hints of celery, hints of soy sauce. 
Mouthfeel: Light body, static, loose, airy, cool. 
Tasting:  Bitter sweet. Leather, celery, white grapes, jasmine, hints of peaches. 
Finish: Medium. White tea, white grapes, coffee, raisins, hints of leather. 

Comments: 

There's heaps of old bottle effect in this, with the purported celery note as clear as a bell. I've always associated OBE with old leather, and it's the first time I've found the floral grassiness that many others say exists. What can I say, my palate is growing up. Anyway, the underlying whisky is floral and citrusy, with an alluring bitter sweet finish. This sort of stuff simply isn't made anymore.

Verdict:

I like this a lot.



No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"