Saturday 3 April 2010

Macduff 16 yo 1989/2005

Macduff 16 yo 1989/2005

Authentic Collection, WM Cadenhead

Single malt - Speyside
Pale amber
59.8% ABV
Sampler


Nose: Malty beer, leather, brine, peanuts, black pepper, hints of iodine. With water, more fragrant, honey, marmalade, hints of molasses.
Mouthfeel: Medium body, slippery, loosens, smooth.
Tasting: Sweet salty. Peanuts, black pepper, cardboard, vanilla, salt caramel, leather, brine. With water, sweeter, more vanilla, custard, marmalade.
Finish: Long. Iodine, salt caramel, peanuts, vanilla.

Comments:


I don't often drown my whisky in water. Even the 70%+ (!) whiskies that I've had needed a touch, or two touches, from my water jug. This one, however, improved a lot with a large slug of water. It was a better dram at around 40%, or just under, than at nearly 60%. Maybe they took it out of the cask too early...

Verdict:

I like this.

No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"