Sunday 2 July 2023

Ardnagherkin 6yo 2015/2022

Ardnagherkin 6yo 2015/2022

Selection, Adelphi
Single malt - Western Highlands
Light gold, hints of green
59.9% ABV
Dram

Nose: White grapes, lemon zest, leather, smoke, malted grains, pickle juice, hints of saffron. With water, honey, pickle juice, malted grains. 
Mouthfeel: Medium body, loosens, hot, tingly. 
Tasting:  Sour bitter. Leather, malted grains, pickle juice, smoke, white pepper, hints of new plastic, hints of coriander seed. With water, smoke, green apples, charcoal ash. 
Finish: Long. Malted grains, white pepper, lemon zest, smoke, charcoal ash. 

Comments: 

Cask 672. This divided opinion. I come down on the ‘I quite like it’ side. I understand tart salty notes like pickle juice aren’t very usual in whisky, but this appeals to my anarchic ‘anything goes’ tendencies. Not every whisky does, but this one has.

Verdict:

I like this.



No comments:

 

Get this and more blogger templates free at "Free Blogger Help"